1. How do you describe what you do?
Manuela: Improv comedian/ singer/ yodeler
2. How did you discover your love of this skill?
Manuela: Always had a funny bone and loved to sing from young on.
3. Where did you get your training or are you naturally amazing? 😉
Manuela: My father taught me to yodel when I was 12/ in my 20s I went to a german acting school for 4 years/ joined many improv and singing classes throughout my career.
4. Where has been your favorite place in the world to perform? (Can’t say Teatro ZinZanni or Seattle because we already know that’s your answer!)
Manuela: Berlin, Germany, because I was able to do film and do TV appearances during the day and dinner theater at night.
5. When did you first discover that you can be really funny?
Manuela: I have videos of me as young as 6 years old doing funny improv and I always lived for a laugh. At school I was known as the class clown.
6. What do you do for fun when you’re not performing/working?
Manuela: I enjoy gardening, creating art projects, wakeboarding, snowboarding, and just being outdoors.
7. What kind of music are you listening to right now?
Manuela: German pop and house music.
8. Do you have a favorite Seattle “spot” these days? (Ex. I love Dough Joy in West Seattle right now – part Donut Shop part Plant Shop)
Manuela: I live right next to Chuck’s Hop Shop, the land of the 1000 beers, I call it my happy place. For food I love The Plum restaurant which has fantastic vegan food.
9. If you could do anything that you can’t currently do – what would that be?
Manuela: Go home to Austria to ski.
10. What two non essential items would you want if you were shipwrecked on a deserted island?
Manuela: My button box and books.
11. What’s your favorite color?
12. If you could choose one song to play every time you walked into a room, what would you choose and why?
Manuela: “Because I’m Happy” by Pharrell Williams, I am generally a really happy camper and love being in a good mood.
13. Where is a place in the world you hope to visit one day but have never been?
Manuela: Asia, always wanted to do a photo shoot with my 7 foot tall dominatrix character in the streets.
14. Coffee or tea?
15. What is the hardest part about your profession?
Manuela: My 8 inch heels on a loooooong day performing.
16. Do you have a secret talent?
Manuela: I can burp on command.
17. How did you first hear about Teatro ZinZanni?
Manuela: I was discovered in Berlin by Teatro Zinzanni and that was my first contact.
18. What’s the best part or most unique part about working on a Teatro ZinZanni show?
Manuela: It doesn’t feel like work to me, because I get to have fun with my best friends every night. As soon as you enter a run with TZ you have an instant family that takes care of each other. I also love the improv part we have in this production with the audience.
19. What’s something most people don’t assume or know about your work as a performer?
Manuela: I can be shy and introverted in my private life.
20. If you could order one of the entrees on the menu for “Coming Home,” what would you choose?
Manuela: The Lamb Chops
21. What are you looking forward to most about “Coming Home”?
Manuela: Getting to welcome our Seattle fans back to have some FUN!!!! I am also bringing a new comedy act to the show that I am very excited about.
3200 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134
3200 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134