Since 1998, Teatro ZinZanni has delighted over one million audience members with it’s signature evening of Love, Chaos, and Dinner. After nearly 20 years in Seattle and San Francisco, Teatro ZinZanni is now laying the groundwork for our next chapter.
Teatro ZinZanni’s leadership is working to expand our unique brand of entertainment to a permanent home in San Francisco while continuing our rigorous pursuit of a new location back in Seattle. In addition, the team is hard at work identifying a third location in the US that represents a perfect place for expansion of “Love, Chaos, & Dinner”. The company is also actively exploring options that will allow the company to take the show on the road for a national tour as well as considering a number of international opportunities.
We will keep this page updated as projects develop. Check back to stay updated or sign up on our email list to be among the first to get the latest news.
After nearly 20 years in the Emerald City, Teatro ZinZanni is laying down the groundwork for our next chapter. We are working on a handful of promising options for a run during the 2017 holiday season. Sign up for our email list to be the first to get news on this front.
Additionally, our team continues to explore locations in the area for a permanent home for Teatro ZinZanni. If you would like to contact our team to discuss opportunities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 281-7788.
After securing overwhelming approval from San Francisco’s Port Commission, Board of Supervisors, and neighborhood groups last spring, Teatro ZinZanni, in partnership with Kenwood Investments LLC, immediately began preparations towards finalizing plans for the development of our permanent home at The Embarcadero and Broadway. The partners are thrilled to reveal plans for its new home and share details of the anticipated timeline as the Bay Area counts down to opening night.
A New Home on the Bay
- The design for Teatro ZinZanni’s future home reveals that the century old Belgian spiegeltent will be showcased at the heart of a LEED-certified four story, 180 room hotel with a ground floor restaurant on the site and a privately owned park.
- Architect Mark Hornberger of Hornberger + Worstell designed the site plan utilizing feedback from community meetings and extensive research on the historic architecture of the neighborhood.
- The heart of the design for Teatro Zinzanni is a 40-foot glass gazebo with the historic antique mirror tent enclosed within. The glass pavilion will reveal the backstage activity to all who pass by along the Embarcadero, the structure will be built to absorb sound and is “fritted” to ensure it can be seen by birds to avoid collisions by those species that populate the area.
- Additional highlights include windows along Davis Street for peeking into the kitchen’s operations, a restaurant on the floor level along the Embarcadero, extended stay rooms within the hotel for performers, and landscaping by Merrill Morris Partners for the park and surroundings on the site.
- Entitlements and Approvals include the environmental study by Fall / Winter 2016
- Permits by Summer 2017
- Construction commencing in 2018
- Opening in late 2019