The Production Stage Manger provides leadership and oversight for all show operations. Manages the production dept. annual budget and supervises technical department personnel during the show. He/She works collaboratively with both creative and technical teams in realizing the artistic vision for Teatro ZinZanni through clear documentation and communication. The Production Stage Manager calls the show 5 nights a week\, working with the creative team to review the show for quality and helps maintain the artistic vision. This is an immediate position for 10 weeks only (remainder of the show run).
- Advances the show with artists and Director.
- Calls the show 4 nights a week as the Stage Manager and to stay in touch with show needs.Trains the sub stage manager for each run.
- Oversight and management of schedules, manages and documents all rehearsals with other staff.
- Manages artist technical needs and requirements.
- Collaborates with Props on budgeting, artistic development and production/acquisition of all large and small props.
- Directs all staff in life safety issues and manages all safety training for the facility.
- Must have complete knowledge of theatrical show production.
- Writes or reviews nightly show notes for show or staff needs.
- Maintains the artistic intention of the Director by being the Director’s eye, giving notes and adhering to show timings and running order.
- Assumes responsibility for the form and discipline of rehearsals and performances
- Prepares for and conducts weekly production dept. Meetings.
- Meets weekly with the cast to keep them up to date on anything special going on that week and to understand any issues from them.
- With director input, creates and rehearses edited versions of the show for Matinees and special events.
- Creates unique proposal opportunitites for guests as requested, liasing with Restaurant and Merchandise Departments.
- Advances any show needs into a new city with Operations plan
- Recruits and hires all technical dept. staff in conjunction with other staff as needed for each city.
- Schedules production staff for both rehearsals and nightly shows.
- Coordinates the annual vacation calendar for production staff.
- Prepares and submits bi-monthly payroll for all hourly employees.
- Leads in the development of all staff in realizing their highest potential.
- Consults regularly with Operations Director on personnel issues.
- Develops and sets weekly, monthly goals for staff
- Provides training material and plan for each positon within production for new city operations
- Reviews and approves all department spending.
- Audits and signs off on all department credit card reconcillations.
- Schedules all hourly staff based on budgetary guidelines.
- Fields and manages special projects as assigned
- Shows are thoroughly advanced, documented and show information distributed
- Learns technical needs in advance and communicates in detail to all appropriate staff
- Drives Props staff to develop and produce props with budgeted guidelines
- Takes leadership in life safety preparedness and plans staff training per plan. Training must be executed on a semi- annual basis
- Provides thorough and complete show notes
- Insures that the show stays with scripted plan per the Director and Designers
- Conducts weekly production meetings
- Motivate and fully communicate department goals and needs to staff
- Anticipates staff needs, interviews, checks references per HR guidance, and contracts each new hire.
- Provides and updates vacation calendar on a regular basis
- Plans staff training needs with managers and makes sure that staff reach needed standard
- Tracks and reports payroll accurately per payroll timeline
- Monitors and maintains staff goals with each staff member
- Keeps regular performance logs on staff to recognize successes and failures for 6-month check-in and evaluations
- Attends weekly management meetings with staff and Executive Director
- Review yearly programming plan and develop appropriate budget levels
- Reviews Profit/Loss (P&L) statement and prepares variance reports
- Signs all spending authorizations for production and technical staff and insures that they are consistent with the budget
- Sets all changeover spending for production areas and insures that these are thoroughly documented per finance guidelines
- Hires hourly staff in accordance with the budget
- Substancial Production Stage Management experience (5years minimum)
- Ability to Stage Manage a complicated show
- Creative problem-solving skills, and team and consensus-building skills
- Honesty, integrity, a strong work ethic, good follow-through and a sense of humor
- Ability to consistently implement several projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Significant experience with budgeting
- Ability to review technical drawings and specifications
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheet programs (particularly Excel)
- Able to read and understand accounting reports
- Excellent eye for detail
- Overall knowledge of technical production including supervising backstage staff
- Ability to articulate and communicate problems
- Computer knowledge in Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Good at paperwork and follow through
- Calm demeanor under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidences
Schedule:One daytime work day and four show days weekly, schedule may incorporate days of administrative/management work and calling the show. Show change overs will require special scheduling and additional hours as needed.
Works in a theatre environment. Position requires the ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Position requires a valid Drivers license. Must be able to regularly use hands and fingers as with a computer; see clearly in low light situations as are typical for backstage, use a intercom headset for backstage communications, must be able to regularly speak and write in English; and talk and hear.
VP of Operations
Full Time - Temporary
Show Summary:Teatro ZinZanni was founded in 1998 launching a wholly original new form of entertainment combining a unique fusion of cirque, comedy, cabaret, spectacle, and live music while serving up a multi-course feast. The show is presented in a gorgeous, climate-controlled, antique cabaret tent (known as a spiegeltent). Imported from Belgium, the spiegeltent is nicknamed the Moulin Rouge. Built in 1910, it boasts stained glass, hand-carved wooden interior columns, polished crystal and mirrors, and comfortably seats 285 people.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com