Teatro Zinzanni is looking for a strong sous chef for our banquet department. Qualified candidates will have advanced organization skills and experience working in a large volume banquet kitchen. Time management and quality control is essential to our culinary program. Candidates will work directly under the Kitchen Manager during service with a few opportunities to run the program themselves. Candidates must be also able to cook a full meal for 60 people once per week.
- Preparing daily banquet Items
- Organizing labor towards several food preparation projects simultaneously
- Supervising a banquet program and up to 9 banquet cooks/dishwashers
- Running the timing of course fire times and plate presentation
- Creating side projects for cleanliness and organization of kitchen
- Keeping track of banquet items and informing kitchen manager of any challenges facing the banquet program
- 3+ years experience working in banquet departments of large, upscale hotels or as a lead for catering operations (culinary degree is preferred)
- A strong understanding of kitchen organization, the ability to motivate/teach and a style of work that stresses confidence and leadership
- Strong leadership skills coupled with passion for culinary arts and a desire to produce beautiful food
- A positive attitude, working with many different styles of learning and departments
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team
- Honesty, integrity, a strong work ethic, good follow-through, and a sense of humor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good physical condition/ Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Schedule:Full time positions available (including evenings & weekends)
Compensation: $16-18 per hour (depending upon experience) plus generous tips averaging an additional $8-$9 per hour.
Show Summary:Teatro ZinZanni was founded in 1998 launching a wholly original new form of entertainment combining a unique fusion of cirque, comedy, cabaret, spectacle, and live music while serving up a multi-course feast. The show is presented in a gorgeous, climate-controlled, antique cabaret tent (known as a spiegeltent). Imported from Belgium, the spiegeltent is nicknamed the Moulin Rouge. Built in 1910, it boasts stained glass, hand-carved wooden interior columns, polished crystal and mirrors, and comfortably seats 285 people.
Teatro ZinZanni is committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org